Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The First Post

And then there's always the hard question... what should the very first blog be about? Should I just just right in and blog about some random topic that I've been pondering? Should I start with something a little bit simpler, like a favorite poem or something? The thought crossed my mind that perhaps the first blog should somehow introduce me and the blog. But then I thought that probably all the people who would be reading this blog would know me pretty well already! Besides, if I were to try to introduce myself, what would I say about myself? Who am I, anyway?

I'm a twenty-one year old christian gal, who thinks a lot. Most people would say that I think too much, but see I don't really believe that there is such a thing as thinking "too much." What "thinking too much" really means is "not doing enough other stuff in life," but I love painting, playing piano, hiking, going to the beach, seeing movies, playing guitar hero, taking over the world in risk, going to Disneyland, and playing paintball! Meanwhile, I have long term goals that include getting a Master's degree in psychology so that I can become a christian counselor, hopefully author a couple books about calvinism, teach ballroom dancing, and someday work as a skipper on the jungle cruise! People tell me that I think about things differently - that I see life in a rather odd way. I think that the way I see life is very normal, but I know that no one else agrees with me - therefore they must be correct. I am weird, I'm an oddball, and I'm not ashamed of it. That's just who I am. :) I also love everyone a lot, and if any of you ever needs someone to talk to, someone to help do this or that, or whatever, I'm here!

I should also mention that I'm quite dumb sometimes. I do think a lot, and I am quite intelligent, but I'm also quite dumb. That's right. It is possible to be intelligent and dumb at the same time: I am living proof of that fact. So have fun, read my thoughts, think about them, laugh at them, learn from them, and leave feedback so that I know what you think! And if my posts are too boring, just tell me how I should make them more interesting, and I promise to try.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment